Senior Director, Vice Chairman, Private Sales, Worldwide, Impressionist & Modern Art
- 13 years at Sotheby’s
- Plays an active role in the organisation of Sotheby’s Impressionist & Modern Art sales in London, Paris and New York
- Was closely involved in the sale of Salvador Dalí’s Portrait de Paul Eluard, which set a new record for any Surrealist artwork at £13.5 million in 2011; and recently oversaw the record-breaking sale of Magritte’s Le Beau Monde in February 2014 for £7.9 million
- Oversaw the sale of Monet’s Nymphéas at Sotheby’s London (£18.5 million, 2007); works from the Durand-Ruel collection at Sotheby’s New York ($16 million, 2009); and the world record for a work by André Derain, when Arbres à Collioure from the renowned Vollard collection achieved £16.3 million in London in 2010
- Was previously a director of Galerie d’Orsay, an art dealing partnership specialising in 19th- and early 20th-century art
- Participated in the creation of the online company eAuctionRoom.