Cripps and Pemberton Greenish merge to target real estate, private wealth and growing businesses
Cripps and Pemberton Greenish are merging to form one of the country’s leading legal practices.
26 October 2018
Cripps is a leading firm in the south east with a substantial client base in London. Pemberton Greenish has an established reputation in prime central London, particularly for its work for large property businesses and in private wealth. The merger will strengthen the combined firm’s presence in London and deepen its expertise in key areas.
The merger exploits an increasing gap in the legal market. Many law firms focus on larger and more international clients but few are able to provide the full range of skills across commercial, real estate and private client law. As a result, it is difficult for many wealthy clients and growing businesses to source the quality of advice and service that they need. The firm is designed around the needs of these people and will trade as Cripps Pemberton Greenish. With its well-managed, open and adaptable culture, it will deliver the clear communication, commercial advice and highest service standards demanded by sophisticated, fast-moving clients.
The merger will broaden and deepen the combined firm’s capabilities in three important ways:
- It will be able to offer the full range of its real estate, business and private client services to Cripps’ and Pemberton Greenish’s current clients and to the wider London market. The merger offers the opportunity to provide a compellingly different type of client-lawyer relationship to the many successful investors, businesses and owners of wealth in the capital.
- In real estate, it will be one of the country’s strongest practices and one of the leading advisers to the largest landed estates in London and the regions, alongside major UK housebuilders, developers and investors.
- In private wealth the firm will benefit from a significantly increased scale of practice and will become one of the largest practices in the UK, affording clients greater depth and breadth of expertise
Gavin Tyler, Managing Partner of Cripps, said: “It has been a key strategic objective for a number of years to significantly develop our London business. By merging with Pemberton Greenish we will be able to take a joint step forward to deliver a broader, deeper, and even more personal service to all our clients. Being headquartered in Kent however remains a key part of who we are, the clients we want to work with and why Cripps is the firm it is.”
Kerry Glanville, Senior Partner of Pemberton Greenish, added: “We’re thrilled to join forces with Cripps. Our clients will benefit from our much-increased breadth of service and fully developed infrastructure that modern legal businesses require to be successful. Together we’ll be a true force.”
Notes for editors
- Merged firm will be ranked in Top 70 of UK law firms with revenues of c£45 million
- Top Private Wealth, Commercial and Real Estate firm in the South-East
- More than 80 people in London
- Offices in Kent and London
- 465 people, including 66 partners