Directory Project Assistant Intern
English/French Speaker • Location: Central London • Type of contract: 6-month internship, 35 hours a week
The French Chamber is looking for an intern – Directory Project Assistant for its Membership Department to start from the 29th of June 2020.
With over 135 years of experience in the UK and over 530 member companies, the French Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain is the largest foreign Chamber in the UK and one of the 5 biggest French Chambers worldwide. Its mission is to contribute to developing and fostering economic, commercial and financial relations between France and Great Britain
Produce the Franco British Trade Directory (FBTD):
Published annually, the Franco British Trade Directory (FBTD) provides a fully detailed list of members of the French Chamber according to their level of membership (Patron, Corporate or Active) as well as useful information and contacts in both France and the UK. Member companies can be found thanks to 3 indexes: by company name, by main representative name, by sector(s) of activity.
Patron members are entitled to one full presentation page, Corporate members half a page and Active members a quarter of a page.
The FBTD is a key reference tool for all member companies looking to develop their network and business in France and the UK. It is usually published in December and is jointly handled by the Membership Department, the Publication Department of the French Chamber as well as the Head of Communication.
Assist the Membership Account Manager in the production of the Member’s Directory (FBTD) published once a year:
- Gather the updated information for each member
- Follow up by phone and by email
- Collect approved forms and approved BAT
- Sell logos
- Update the list of useful contacts
- Assist in the production of indexes
- Proofread and correct the final document
- Assist in the preparation and sending of directories to the members
- Update the CRM
- Cover the Chamber’s reception at lunchtime (2 hours per month) and during receptionist’s vacations
- Occasionally assist the Membership team
- Good interpersonal skills, self-starter, organised, flexible and rigorous
- Experience with international / multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (ideally with some French) and very good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, to manage multiple projects and to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of basic IT tools (MS Office, Outlook etc.)
- Eager to work as a part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Experience with CRM update