Accountancy & Business Support Intern
English/French Speaker • Location: Central London • Type of contract: 6-month internship, 35 hours a week • Start date: October 2019
The French Chamber of Commerce is currently looking for its Accountancy & Business Support.
The role of the Department is to carry out all works related to the accounts and the administration of the Chamber and to carry out to a high standard the works for our Porto-folio of clients.
The Department provides French companies with a comprehensive range of services: contact address & phone line for non-resident companies, practical advice to set up a subsidiary in the UK, full accounting support, payroll services, VAT registration and management.
The Accountancy & Business Support Intern in conjunction with the Business Support Department will deliver quality support services to the clients of the FCCGB.
Administrative support for mailing company (1/2 of the time on this client):
- Opening client’s postal orders (3-5 kg per week)
- Creating Excel records
- Scanning orders and report to French office
- Preparing cheque receipt and deliver cheque to the client bank
- Insuring quality of the information sent
Assisting the Department in general administrative tasks:
- Assist the Senior Account Manager with any administration tasks that may be necessary
- Help the Department prepare reports / presentations
- Updating the database and client files
- Help in processing the monthly and quarterly invoices
Coordination between the Department and its clients / potential clients / UK authorities:
- Answer queries by phone or email on setting up a business or activity in the UK and send all the relevant information to potential clients
- Set up and follow up new clients
- Attend client meeting
- Participate to evening events to help our Events Teams
- The candidate must ensure that all duties are performed efficiently and effectively to high standard
- The appointment calls for a dynamic and professional person who will demonstrate the skills acquired, flexibility, determination, flair and instinct
- The person must be able to work as part of the team
- Very motivated, the selected candidate will display a great commitment to work