English Speaker • Location: Central London • Type of contract: Permanent, Full-time • Start date: ASAP
The recruitment department of the French Chamber is acting as a recruitment agency for its over 530-member companies, one of which is currently looking for a Junior Accountant.
Our client is a French fashion retailer group well introduced in the UK (more than 50 points of sales).
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to all financial transactions from bookkeeping to monthly management accounts preparation. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Accountant.
- Process purchase and sales invoices – filing and coding
- Liaise with suppliers and daily invoice queries
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Manage account receivables
- Run the purchase, sales, general and cash management ledgers
- Assist with VAT Return preparation
- Bank reconciliation and credit card/cash reconciliation
- Prepare prepayments and accrual reports
- Ad hoc finance projects assistance
- At least 2 years’ experience in Accounting
- Educated to degree level or part qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting system is a must
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships with non-finance individuals
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Well organised and able to prioritise work effectively to achieve targets in a timely and efficient manner
- Dynamic, Team spirit, self-motivated, proactive
- Experience in a Retail or Wholesale environment is preferred, but not essential
- Fluent in French preferable